Solved

Do I have to make a reservation on top of the Pass and does this cost extra?

Hi, I need help because I don't understand how the pass works.I am living in Germany and would like to go to Edinburgh in June. My question is the following, once I buy the 4 days in 1 month pass, should I buy the tickets for the trip to Edinburgh or do I just get on the trains?

If I have to reserve the seat, do I have to pay extra?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 5 May 2022, 11:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Hi, I need help because I don't understand how the pass works.I am living in Germany and would like to go to Edinburgh in June. My question is the following, once I buy the 4 days in 1 month pass, should I buy the tickets for the trip to Edinburgh or do I just get on the trains?

If I have to reserve the seat, do I have to pay extra?

Thank you!

If you don't take trains where you have to make a reservation, you can travel to Edinburgh with your pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The only way to go by train to the UK is by using the Eurostar and for that train you need to have a reservation. That reservation will cost extra and you should make the reservation as soon as you know what date you will travel as the seats might be sold out.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

The only way to go by train to the UK is by using the Eurostar and for that train you need to have a reservation. 

Yes, Eurostar reservation is 30 euros in 2nd class and 38 euros in 1st class.

Badge

Check on the interrail app if your train journey requires a reservation, then book reservations through the interrail portal. Some high speed intercity trains require reservations. Trains that do not require a seat reservation you just board and go - remember to enter the journey details on your paper pass or into the mobile pass app.  

London Kings Cross to Edinburgh timetable and (free)  seat reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Check on the interrail app if your train journey requires a reservation, then book reservations through the interrail portal.

You can book reservations anywhere you like; there is no obligation to book via Interrail.