Solved

Do I need to activate my pass in order to make seat reservation?

• 14 January 2024
  • 28 replies

Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 15 replies

Hi there,

This is the 1st time I am posting query in this community and so please bear with me.  I will be travelling with my family to a few destinations in late Apr/early May, with global pass.  We are planning to travel between Paris > London > Brussel and I understand I have to make seat reservation in advance for taking the Eurostar.  My question is do I have to activate my pass (I have added passenger details into the app but have not activate) in order for me to make the reservation online?  As I have never try online seat reservation, plus I understand that there will be a fee incurred if there is a need to rescheulde my train timing after making seat reservation, hence I need to understand in depth instead of doing something silly.

Appreicate your guideline in this matter.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 14 January 2024, 12:42

View original

28 replies

Badge

Hi there,  thanks for the reply and I will make seat reservation for the train via raileurope. Any idea by when seats will open for reservation?

They're already open.

Seems the seat reservation is no longer available for pass holder?

Badge

Hi, I checked via raileurope again and below is my finding which i am getting more confused now:

Screenshot #1 : I entered designation = Le Mont Saint Michel with a date of 3May and it shows “Rail pass doesn’t apply for this trip” and I will have to purchase the ticket (€116 for 4pax).

Screenshot #2 : I entered designation = Pontorson Mont Saint Michel with same date and it shows “Seat reservation is required of €6.80 for 4 pax.

Does this mean that the seat for Bus# 36873 is no longer available for pass holder?  Exactly which designation I should input so that I can get close to take the free shuttle bus to Mont Saint Michel?  

Really need your adv and suggestion.

Thank you.

Regards.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Sceenshot #1:

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Sceenshot #2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Reservations do not exist for the bus but through rail-bus tickets are available for non passholders.

The booking engine is not capable of giving you a reservation for the full journey so it fails and shows the full fare instead.

You should just get the compulsory reservations Paris - Pontorson.