Solved

Do i need to book a seat reservation?

• 10 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hey Guys! Me and my sister are currently travelling europe and we have tickets confirmed through the eurrail app for prague to berlin then berlin to amsterdam. Both of these trips are rather long (between 4-5 hours). On the app it says that seat reservations are optional, and then when I move to the website it says they are recommended but we are unable to book them from there. Considering all that do i need to book seat reservations (if so where do i do this?) or am i okay with just the ticket. We are travelling during the winter so the less busy period but we don’t want to risk not having a seat. 

icon

Best answer by Hektor 10 January 2024, 22:00

View original

3 replies

Possible to reserve here (3€ per person) Tickets & Services (oebbtickets.at) (but not mandatory). Choose “Find services”, then “Seat reservation only”.

You may go without reservation, too. 

It’s up to you if you’d like to pay 3€ to secure your seat.

perfect! thank you so much!!  so if i book these im assuming they will work alongside my eurrail ticket - it doesn’t matter that im using an external website to reserve my seats?

That doesn't matter.

There's not even a need to show the reservation to the conductor if it's not a mandatory reservation.