Solved

Does anybody know the situation with trains in Slovenia and Interrail?

• 15 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am currently on my Interrail and arrived in Ljubljana within the hour. I planned this trip months ago and had worked out connections to my hotel. I had set up a new Trip though and the journeys I searched are no longer listed. I planned to just reenter them as I travelled, covering for delays etc.

I just went to set up a journey from Ljubljana to Ljubljana Stegne and Rail Planner says there are no routes.

I spoke to a lady in the ticket office and she says I can't use Interrail. She gave me a local 3 day ticket for now. Sadly, she gave me a ticket for 19th because I said I was leaving Ljubljana on 20th. Something list in translation, I think.

I figured I'm happy to pay for local trains but I checked a train I had planned from Ljubljana to Lake Bled and I get the same.

The Interrail website doesn't mention Slovenian trains being excluded.

Will I just need to check the Slovenian trains website and add trains manually?

Thanks, in advance.

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 15 September 2023, 15:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

My app shows train times as usual. Do you have the latest update ?

Interrail is valid on Slovenian trains but since tickets are very cheap it is rarely good value to use a pass day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Yeah, I used interrail already without any problem in Slovenia.

Best check traintimes here: https://potniski.sz.si/en/ if you’re app doesn’t give results.

Maybe there are still some issues with some lines, because of the storm weather this summer? Engineering works here and there?

Userlevel 2
Badge

My app shows train times as usual. Do you have the latest update ?

Interrail is valid on Slovenian trains but since tickets are very cheap it is rarely good value to use a pass day.

I'm on 34.1.0. I have automatic updates on.

I have a 2 month continuous pass, so have been using local trains in a few places.

But the ticket I bought today was less than €1 and I'm happy to pay for local transport. I have a local card that my hotel said they can top up. I assume it's like a London Tube card that you just add an amount and tap for journeys.

Yeah, I used interrail already without any problem in Slovenia.

Best check traintimes here: https://potniski.sz.si/en/ if you’re app doesn’t give results.

Maybe there are still some issues with some lines, because of the storm weather this summer? Engineering works here and there?

I got the train from Ljubljana to Stegne fine.

Checked Slovenian railways and plenty of trains to Bled but none show up.

I'll have to add them manually, I guess. I will just check with support as well.

Thanks for the answers guys.