Solved

EC764 between Vienna - Salzburg not works for booking

• 20 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Greetings!

I'm going on an Interrail trip this summer and I'm having problems with the booking section of the interrail.eu website. I want to take the Vienna-Salzburg journey on 20 August at 22:37. Right at the last step, the website says "Please try to find an alternative connection. The unavailable leg will be removed from your cart". However, the same journey at the same time and on the same train, from 23 August onwards, can be booked.
What’s wrong? Is this a problem with ÖBB or is it a problem with the interrail website?

Regards,

icon

Best answer by seewulf 20 June 2021, 15:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi :)

From Vienna to SAlzburg goes ontop of the Railjets of ÖBB Austrian rail the trains of Westbahn. Together  almost every 30minutes a rail connection from Vienna to Salzburg . Reservation are not compulsory but you can reserve a seat for 3€ on the website of oebb.at :) If you scroll down in the topic of this link you will find a manual for Reservation on oebb.at Nighttrains and a shorter one for Daytrain reservations on oebb.at :) 

Due the Covid pandemic few Westbahn and ÖBB Railjets are canceled (They have a agreement that one trains is operated by Westbahn and the next one then by ÖBB)

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Greetings!

I'm going on an Interrail trip this summer and I'm having problems with the booking section of the interrail.eu website. I want to take the Vienna-Salzburg journey on 20 August at 22:37. Right at the last step, the website says "Please try to find an alternative connection. The unavailable leg will be removed from your cart". However, the same journey at the same time and on the same train, from 23 August onwards, can be booked.
What’s wrong? Is this a problem with ÖBB or is it a problem with the interrail website?

Regards,

You are right. The train seems not to offer seat reservations on 20. August.

Anyway you dont need a reservation for this RJX, it shouldn’t be too busy at this time.

Thanks for your responses! 

I’ve wrote a mail to ÖBB’s customer service and I'll wait to know why its not possible to book these days.

I’ll update this post with their response, if anyone were in the same situation in the future.

Regards,