Solved

EN 40456; can't book euronight from Lesce Bled to Ljubljana and Ljubljana to Zagreb

• 15 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi all, 

I want to make a seat reservation for 8th September from Lesce Bled to Ljubjlana and for 11th September from Ljubljana to Zagreb. Both with the Euronight 40456. I can't book it from the euronight website and OBB website. I was looking at the Nightjet website and I couldn't book it there either. It says the prices are unavailable. However, when I search from the place the train starts originally Zurich to where it ends Zagreb I can book the seat reservations. I have placed two links, the first the route from Ljubljana to Zagreb and second the route from Zurich to Zagreb. 

Boek uw ticket - Nightjet

Boek uw ticket - Nightjet

I was wondering if you guys have experienced this? 

Can I just book the seat reservations from Zurich to Zagreb and then board the train in Lesce Bled and Ljubljana? Or is that not possible? 

Or can you just board the train without a seat reservation? Or possible other train? 

Thanks in advance! 

Kind regards, 

Manouk 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 15 July 2023, 18:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

No reservation is required. Check that you're boarding in the correct carriage. There are only 2 with seats, in the middle of the train, numbers 273 and 315. It might be a bit busy until Ljubljana but after that it should be quieter.

Okay that makes it easy, and do you know if the departure time of the trains are correct? 

And other trains from Lesce Bled - Ljubljana and Ljubljana - Zagreb are also possible to board without a reservation? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Okay that makes it easy, and do you know if the departure time of the trains are correct? 

Why wouldn't they be? In any case, you can check reliable planners such as bahn.com, or the planner of the railways of Slovenian railways.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And other trains from Lesce Bled - Ljubljana and Ljubljana - Zagreb are also possible to board without a reservation? 

As far as I know, no reservations are necessary. The rail planner app is incorrect in that respect, especially for the night trains from Switzerland/Austria/Germany to Slovenia and Croatia, which don't have mandatory seat reservations between Austria and Slovenia/Croatia.