Solved

Error when booking seats

• 7 April 2022
  • 8 replies

When trying to book a sleeper train from Bucharest to Budapest everything works until you get through to the point of “review your order” before paying and then the error message in the screenshot comes up. What do I do? I have tried this with multiple different journeys and on various days. Would greatly appreciate the help! Thank you.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 10 April 2022, 10:38

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On which date is this?

@rvdborgt I was trying to book for the night train from the 6th to the 7th of July, but I tried going through the process for an earlier date in case it was an issue of being too far in advance but every date I’ve tried gives the same error

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Frankly, CFR=Roman state railways has only entered the stage of doing this on the web since a very short time. They are simply not up to it-nor the country in general. Yes, I do think it is far too early to worry about it.

But as I know all these newbees are so enormously anxious to maybe have to reschedule some trip, that you could try it on mav-start (the HU railways, who organise it on the other end). BUT DO DO take care-if it succeeds it may be that you have to collect a real ticket from a MAV machine with a code you receive. So you must pass HU in some time before. This is most likely-if it succeeds maybe later-also the procedure from CheFeReh in RO.

Yet another thing may be that there will be long time works on some sector near the RO-HU border this coming time. Many trains will be/have to be rerouted or will be cancelled or shortened. It may also be the result of this that the ´system´ in the end refused to make a booking.

(from me, now sitting in a provincial HU city-where there are also big works and lines closed-which you only notice when here)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I can get to the payment page with 1 passenger in the cheapest couchette leaving Budapest on 6 July at 15:10.

Additional questions:

1. Which train did you select?
  2. Which accommodation did you select?
  3. For how many people are you trying to book?

Personally, I'd book this through Deutsche Bahn or ÖBB. You can do that at a DB or ÖBB ticket office or you can call DB (+49 30 2970). That way, you don't pay Interrail's booking and postage fees.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

But as I know all these newbees are so enormously anxious to maybe have to reschedule some trip, that you could try it on mav-start (the HU railways, who organise it on the other end).

MÁV don't offer Interrail or reservation-only as an option on their website. If I missed it, please tell us where to find it.

Yet another thing may be that there will be long time works on some sector near the RO-HU border this coming time. Many trains will be/have to be rerouted or will be cancelled or shortened. It may also be the result of this that the ´system´ in the end refused to make a booking.

I can get to the payment page, so that's not the cause.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

But as I know all these newbees are so enormously anxious to maybe have to reschedule some trip, that you could try it on mav-start (the HU railways, who organise it on the other end).

MÁV don't offer Interrail or reservation-only as an option on their website. If I missed it, please tell us where to find it.

MAV does it but it works mostly just for domestic trains currently :/ Used MAV Online reservations few times last summer.

Thank you both for trying to help! I’ll try the things youve suggested. In response to your questions @rvdborgt:

1. Which train did you select? - It is the 17:45 train from Bucharest North to Budapest-Keleti which arrives in Budapest at 08:50
  2. Which accommodation did you select? - IRT sleeper double
  3. For how many people are you trying to book? - 2 people 🙂 ]

Thank you again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OK, I see the same error with this data. I can get to the payment page with one person in double sleeper but not with 2. T3 Sleeper the same error. Couchette 4-berth works.

It could be that there's just one more pass holder place in the sleeper. I've read before that this number is limited in the sleepers in the trains from/to Romania.

Alternative is to call ÖBB (+43 5 1717) or DB (+49 30 2970) and check there.