Solved

Eurail mailed paper ticket to wrong adress

• 8 July 2022
  • 1 reply

I had my paper ticket for a Paris-Barcelona reservation mailed to my friend’s place in Poland with my friend being the recipient as I won’t arrive there until July 21. The date of departure on the ticket is July 26. Yesterday, I checked the tracking and somebody at Eurail put my surname after my friend’s first name as the receiver, not his proper name as I entered it in the form. I absolutely 100% completed the form correctly. This is a silly mistake on Eurail’s behalf, but I’m concerned that because it is being sent registered mail, the postal company will not complete the delivery.  I emailed customer service and have not yet gotten a response.  What year is it? Why on earth is this mailed paper ticket a thing? Small mistakes like this can cause huge headaches. 

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 9 August 2022, 15:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @justinc 

Eurail/Interrail is working together with the railway companies, so customer can also access digital reservations instead of paper ones. If a wrong address has been entered for the delivery, it can only be changed by the courier and not by the customer service. In this case, I would advise to contact the PostNL or the local Courier and try to change delivery details. 

Have a lovely day!