Solved

euronight metropol seat reservation, help!

• 17 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi! I’m looking forward to my first Interrail (15 day Global Pass), starting June 26th. I was hoping to take the Euronight Metropol train from Budapest to Prague on July 1st in the afternoon, arriving at Prague on July 2nd at morning. 
I’ve been looking how to make a seat reservation, yet I can’t find any way to avoid a postal seat reservation. (Booking through the Hungarian page doesn’t offer seat reservations, and same thing for the Czech page).

I will be in Vienna, Austria from June 28th until June 30th, but I don’t trust the seat reservation arriving in time. But if I book at the Budapest station on July 1st at morning, I feel like the train is going to be full, what can I do? Shall I book it in Budapest or risk it with the postal seat reservation, or is the another way around it?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 June 2023, 05:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are no through seating coaches on this train, so that's why booking a seat doesn't work. You can sit, but you'll need to change in Ostrava (to Regiojet) or Břeclav (quite a long wait: 6 hours).

If you really want to take this train, just book a couchette. It's only CZK 324 (~€13,60) on cd.cz. Sleeping should be good while your carriage is standing still in Břeclav.

By the way, as far as I can see, interrail.eu also doesn't offers seats, only couchettes, but at a much higher price because of the added fees.