Solved

Eurostar cancellation - advice is to request refund but Interrail site says non-refundable

• 22 June 2022
  • 1 reply

I have had an email saying that my Eurostar from St Pancras to Brussels on train 9132 has been cancelled. This was a reservation for 7 people so it has cost us a lot. Eurostar tells me to seek a refund through where I booked it yet the Interrail site is having none of it and says it is non-refundable. Their support are yet to get back to me after contacting them a week ago and apologising that they’re busy.

It would be great if they could clear up what is happening with cancelled Eurostar trains. I also don’t want the reservation using up a travel day as it will limit us the rest of the trip.

Will Interrail refund me?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 22 June 2022, 11:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you want to travel, Eurostar is obliged to rebook you on the next available service without extra costs. Or on a future date of your choice. Please note that this rebooking does not depend on availability of pass holder seats: they're obliged to rebook you on a service of your choice whenever there are enough free seats available. I'd call them to do this. It may also be possible to rebook yourself via Eurostar's Manage your booking as they suggest on this page.

If you want a refund, contact Interrail's customer service. They can't make you pay for a service that does not exist anymore, so you're entitled to a full refund. If you do that though, then you'll have to do any new booking yourself and you're limited by pass holder seat availability.

As to travel days: it it not a good idea to activate them in advance because of events like this. If an activated travel day is still in the future, you can cancel it in My Pass: select it and tap on Cancel travel day. If your activated but unused travel day is for today (or in the past), then ask customer service to fix it.