Solved

Eurostar date change problem

Hi,

I recently bought my Interrail pass and started to reserve seats. I would’ve need a ticket from Amsterdam - London on the 11st of August. I saw that there is no more seat on the Interrail site, so I checked the SNBC’s site. After pressing “Later trains” I found a train, got happy and reserved it… for 30th of August (accidentally). We have several other parts of the journey purchased so impossible to travel on the 30th of August.

I tried the date changing on SNCB and on Eurostar as well, but I should pay around 700 euros. Do you have any idea what to do now? I found alternative ways to London from Brussels, and it would be okay for me, but I already paid 100 euros to a seat I will not need. Maybe there is a chance to get my money back or change the reservation to 11th of August?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 19 July 2023, 11:23

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Eurostar reservations cannot be refunded, only changed for a fee.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You should be able to change trains for 15€ fee on eurostar.com

If there are no seats available from Amsterdam, choose a Eurostar from Brussels -> there are a few available on Friday 11th August.

Amsterdam - Brussels can be done using the hourly reservation-free IC

I tried it on both site but I should pay nearly 700 euros to change. It is the fare difference between the price I paid for the seat and the full price ticket for the new day. The amount is the same on both site.

I would go from Amsterdam to London.

I got this when I try to change my ticket on Eurostar:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

As @thibcabe said, check availability Brussels-London. You have more Eurostartrains there, so more chances to find reservable spots.If you take the hourly intercity Amsterdam-Brussels and change in Brussel-Zuid/Midi you won’t pay a penny extra, other than the 15 EUR exchange fee for Eurostar.

If that doesn’t work out online, try to call or chat Eurostar to help you rebook.

Yes it is okay, but then I have to buy a new seat reservation from Brussels to London (another 100 eur for 3 people) and the recently purchased ticket is a loss. My only question is to somehow get a refund or a change. If the change would only cost 15 eur it is also less than the new seat reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Quickly checked @juhaszmartin97 

From Brussels, plenty of availability for pass holders on the 11th of August.

Yes, This is the plan B, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Best get in contact with B-Europe or Eurostar, to get your reservations changed from Amsterdam to Brussels and explain your situation.

Online might have it’s limitations; I never tried rebooking a Eurostar ticket, with a change of train station.

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Contact/Contact-Centre

I will try, thank you! Do you have some experience with the call centers? Are they trying to help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I never called, but at the B-Europe ticket offices they’re always super helpful and friendly. So I guess it’ll be the same for the call centre. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

B-Europe is very helpful yes. Eurostar might take a long time... so try B-Europe first

I guess you cannot change departure stations online

I called the SNCB but they could not help me :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I called the SNCB but they could not help me :(

Why couldn't they? Or should all aftersales be handled by Eurostar?

Because there is no more Interrail place on the desired train. That’s why the website calculated with the full price ticket. Also there is no option to change the stations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well themselves should be able to change stations. Now contact Eurostar I'd say…

Worst case you have to buy new reservations from Brussels (but definitely do not pay 200€ or more from Amsterdam...)

I will not, its so expensive. We will then visit Brussels :)