Solved

Eurostar Seat Reservation upgrade

• 26 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello! I have a Eurail second class global pass. I originally got a standard class seat reservation from Paris to London in April, but we had to change the date we will be leaving Paris. I went onto the Eurostar app and was able to change the date but since there was no more standard class tickets for the time I wanted, I was able to upgrade my seat to standard premier. My question is, will that be okay since I have a second class Eurail pass? I was able to successfully select the seat and I have the Euro star tickets but I want to make sure everything will be okay. Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 26 March 2023, 15:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That is not OK. You need a first class pass to travel in first class on Eurostar.

The Eurostar website does not know what kind of pass you have so that's why you can select both classes.

Ah got it. I just got a new reservation through b Europe for a standard class. Thank you for verifying! 

Oops - I was able to get a seat reservation but now I am not seeing the time listed on the planner app to add the journey. Is that normal? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. Wait until shortly before travelling.
  2. Update your app.
  3. If your train then still doesn't show, then add it manually.