Solved

Every train ''Prices unavailable''.

• 18 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello, my wife and I purchased Interrail Global Passes for a trip in September.  Every train I try to book has the message "Prices unavailable No price results were found for this connection. It is possible that all pass holder seats are sold out."  I'm starting to wonder if the pass was worth it!  Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by seewulf 18 June 2022, 06:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Which countries, routes, dates, trains?

Well, I’m having this trouble with any reservation I’m trying to make, but the first one is from Roma Termini to Napoli Centrale at 13:00 on Friday, September 2nd.  I can see available seats on other websites (eg., Trenitalia), but don’t see how to apply the Global Pass to drop the price from 84 euro to what I’d expect is the 20 euro cost for the seat reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You can’t book passholder reservations through trainitalia website, because well Italians I suppose…

The best way is to use Austrian rail website https://tickets.oebb.at/en/ticket select “One way ticket” NOT “Seat only” then edit the traveler details to add Interrail discount and it will give the correct reservation price of €10 for Italian Intercity/frecce trains.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

With reservations for September you are a bit to early :) Trains open usually 60days in advance for bookings :)

Prices unavailable means that no prices could be found by the Eurail booking system.

As suggest by @Al_G  you can reserve italian daytrains cheaper (because of no booking fee) via oebb.at as described. Here in this post you can find a manual :)