Solved

Existing seat reservations but cannot link to mobile pass

I booked seats for our family (2 adults/2 kids) from Offenburg/Karlsruhe to London St Pancras and managed to get seat reservations on the Interrrail website for TGV/ICE and Eurostar. My problem is that I now cannot find that exact trip on the mobile app trip planner. So I cannot save a trip and then link that trip to our passes. I found the connections e.g. train numbers we need (at least for the outbound) on the DB website but not the return trip.  How do I connect these specific trains to my mobile pass?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 4 July 2022, 14:42

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The reservation are separate from the pass so there's no link between the reservation you make and the app.

If you don't find the trains in the app you just have to wait until closer to your travel date. Most of the train will show eventually.

If you can't see the train in the app on the day of your travel you can enter it manually. But don't do that if you have an IPhone as there is a bug that makes journeys dissappear if you have an IPhone and enter journeys manually.

If you don't find the trains in the app you just have to wait until closer to your travel date. Most of the train will show eventually.

If you can't see the train in the app on the day of your travel you can enter it manually. But don't do that if you have an IPhone as there is a bug that makes journeys dissappear if you have an IPhone and enter journeys manually.

Can you please explain if I MUST have that exact train connection saved to my trips or if I only find a similar one and add that to my pass will I run into problems? If my reservations don’t need to be linked to a saved trip does it matter at all which connection I pick ?

What to do about the problem with the Iphone ? How else to add the trains manually? Thank you for your advice!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When will you be travelling? Where?

Usually most trains will be available in the planner close to departure. 

We’re traveling from a small town in southwest Germany to London St. Pancras and back. The main stretch is from Offenburg or Karlsruhe through strasbourg, Lille and onto London. Return is via Paris. 

Do you know if I could simply add a connection that has the same stops to activate the pass so it’s a valid ticket on the day of travel? Or does it have to be the trains I have a reservation for? 

many thanks!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We’re traveling from a small town in southwest Germany to London St. Pancras and back. The main stretch is from Offenburg or Karlsruhe through strasbourg, Lille and onto London. Return is via Paris. 

Do you know if I could simply add a connection that has the same stops to activate the pass so it’s a valid ticket on the day of travel? Or does it have to be the trains I have a reservation for? 

many thanks!!!

@seewulf @rvdborgt Is this possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Normally, the train you take should be the one you add to your pass.

If you don't find your train in the app, first check for app updates.

With an Android phone, there's no harm in adding adding trains manually. With an iPhone, I'd stil be hesitant.

I'd be curious which trains you can't find in the app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

many thanks!!!

@seewulf @rvdborgt Is this possible?

it should be the trains you have the reservation for. Eurail can see which trains you add and according that informations the money will be splitted between the Railcompanies :) If you can´t find your train you can add them manually i have to do it quite often as the Interrailapp is not reliable :/

Officaly the ticket controler have to check if his train is added to your pass “travel history” if not it´s no valid ticket. Offical only Pass + filled / loged train is a valid ticket. mosttimes they just check if you have a valid travelday ;)

Thank you @seewulf and @AnnaB !

My problem is that I don’t get the combination of the trains I need. Unless I just add them one by one and not as one whole journey? I haven’t tried searching for each leg individually yet. Would that work? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have never used a mobile pass but I think that you need to enter each leg individually as those are the trains that you will be taking. Please let me know if that works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Either try to manipulate the planner options or just add each train individually.