Solved

Family Child Trenitalia

• 17 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +1
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 13 replies

Hi, 

anyone knows HOW we can buy the Family Child specials from Venice to Munich on Trenitalia 

https://www.trenitalia.com/en/offers/family_child.html

not sure if the price indicated is for the whole family?

it just says purchase from ticketing office or authorized travel agencies, but is there a way i can buy these tickets online?

icon

Best answer by Angelo 17 September 2022, 18:50

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hmm-I think you cannot. These trains are NOT tied to TrenItalia-they are run independently by OeBB and DB and inside ITaly by a specially set up other company (tied to Trenord) for the burocratic responsibilty. TrenItlaia did not even want to sell tickets for it a very long time-in the stazione where they stop are also different ticketpoints. This is also why passholders have to pay the 10€ extra to use these trains In italy (I did that 3-4 days ago and yes, indeed, the jolly inspector cashed in some 200 extra in 1 car_i had prepaid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Angelo Do you know anything about this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am confused:

Surely the trains from Venice to Munich are the EC trains via the Brenner Pass and these are easily booked by the OEBB.at site. There is a 10euro tariff which needs prepaying, but surely all you need to do is search for the relevant number and type of passengers, remebering to add the Interrail/Eurail discount to each.

There is one direct from Venice or transfer at Verona. The one we travelled on recently was indeed a shared operation between OBB and D Bahn - I didn’t see any other reference to a third operator.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This kids fare is not possible for the Eurocity services Venice-Munich, because the train is run by DB-ÖBB and not by Trenitalia. Check bahn.com or oebb.at for there child fare.

Whith an Eurail/Interrail Pass you only pay 10€ fee/person for using this train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This kids fare is not possible for the Eurocity services Venice-Munich, because the train is run by DB-ÖBB and not by Trenitalia. Check bahn.com or oebb.at for there child fare.

Whith an Eurail/Interrail Pass you only pay 10€ fee/person for using this train.

As an example a family of 3 (9 y.o.) without a pass would cost about 250 euro one way booked in advance through OEBB. You can easily check your own plans and family size.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As an example a family of 3 (9 y.o.) without a pass would cost about 250 euro one way booked in advance through OEBB. You can easily check your own plans and family size.

It can be much cheaper, depending on when you book and how busy it is:

(DB offers the same price. Trenitalia offers 119.70.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It can be much cheaper, depending on when you book and how busy it is:

(DB offers the same price. Trenitalia offers 119.70.)

Hence the rider that they should check with their own plans and family size - no point raising expectations if they are going at a busy time, which we don’t know, and expecting 120 euros, but it would be a nice surprise to find it half the price and think I was wrong.