Solved

Ferries Venice-Greece

• 3 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hey everyone!

I‘m currently planning my first interrail trip and thought it would be fun to take the ferry from venice to Igoumenitsa. If i understand it correctly, Global Pass holders should be able to travel free with Attica Group Greece-Italy (Superfast Ferries in cooperation with ANEK LINES) as it is stated under pass benefits:

»Global Pass holders are entitled to:

International Lines:

• Free air seats or dormitories (where available) for 1st class Pass holders and free deck passage for 2nd class Pass holders«

But if i want to book the passage on their website, only the interrail/eurail greek island pass is listed on the discount-dropdown. 
Another problem is, that the ferries won‘t show up in the interrail app, if i search for connections between Venice and Igoumenitsa.

Maybe someone has an idea what i‘m doing wrong or are the pass benefits just not up to date?

Any help would be much appreciated,

thanks!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 3 January 2024, 14:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It'd better to use www.anek.gr. They have all discount options available regardless of age group indicated.

Please also note that for a global pass, it's a discount, not a free ride.

Thanks for your answer, unfortunately i don‘t see the global pass discount option on their website either, just the eurail/interrail greek island pass discount.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The global passes are there if you click on the Discount dropdown:

The price will update after clicking on “Next step”.