Solved

Ferry from Bari to Patras with Greek islands 6 days pass

• 31 January 2022
  • 1 reply

A friend and I want to book a ferry from Bari to Patras with the Greek islands interrail pass with 6 travel days within a month. We read in the information guide about this pass that we can book a bed on the ferry with a first class pass only. If we try to purchase the Greek islands pass online we don't have an option for first class. How do we get a bed on the ferry? Do we need to choose this when making the reservation at the ferry company? 

icon

Best answer by mcadv 31 January 2022, 13:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

WHICH of the dozen or so ferry-company did you use, or maybe even a general ferrybooker-site?
There is (well, according to my own research as this has been asked here so many times recently) just 1 combo of shipping comp: ANEK and Superfast.

The GR islands ferrypass is not the same as EU/InterRail and has to be bought separately, I cannot recall having seen it being offered as 1st or 2nd cl.

As far as my knowledge is till now, the quote that a FREE (well, it never ever was free, the port+fuel+hi-season etc.tax still has to be paid) passage with INterRail should be possible, seems in practice since the pandemic outburst not to be true.

There are around 10 different ferries doing the IT (also Brindisi, Ancona, Oranto)-GR run, if you also count the cost of a travelday on the pass, a normal ticket (both ju+senior most get discounts) is often even a little cheaper on another ferry.