Solved

first class reservation with second class pass

• 16 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone, I tried booking seat reservations for the tgv from Paris to Strasbourg on the day the  tickets were released but the train I wanted was sold out straight away!. I called scnf and the lady said I can buy first class reservations, which I did as I was worried we'd get stuck otherwise. But now I'm worried we will have problems on the train as our passes are second class. She said this is no problem as the reservation is an upgrade but it would put my mind at ease if anyone could confirm this is okay?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 16 May 2023, 21:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

SNCF sells 1st class seat reservations, even for 2nd class passholders. It is more expensive than a seat reservation for the same class but it is entirely possible. Don’t worry :)

I’m quite surprised that the TGV was sold out on the first day though, maybe you were too early.

Oh thank you so much, that is so reassuring!

All the other tgv trains on that day were showing as having tickets, it was just that one train we wanted that was 'sold out', but perhaps it was an error on this system. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What's the price you paid for Paris to Strasbourg? A normal 1st class reservation is €10 or €20 but 1st class for a second class pass on Paris - Strasbourg seems to be €36.

Hiya, yes they were 36 each. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Enjoy 1st class then ! :)