Solved

German France Friendship Pass

• 25 September 2023
  • 2 replies

I won the German France Freindship Pass and i want to start in the next days.

I live in Essen Germany. My Problem is that i am not really able to get to Paris. There is a train from Koeln HBF to Paris Nord it is the THA 9448 but i can not book it because it is not in the pass included. There are some rides with a stop in Belgium but i guess Belgium is not in the pass. But i can add the ride from Koeln HBF to Bruxelle-Midi for some reason. It is possible to take the TGV from Frankfurt HBF but there is no way to get to Frankfurt from Essen with the Pass or is it possible to make ride in the own country(Germany) just to get the right ride to France. 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 25 September 2023, 13:10

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

On 2 of your pass days you can take as many trains as you'd like in your own country ! :)

You cannot take Thalys indeed and the ICEs from Germany to Belgium may or may not be included (the situation is unclear with that special pass).

It is entirely possible for you to go via Mannheim or Karlsruhe to enter France. Keep in mind that the cross-border TGV/ICEs have a mandatory 17€ reservation. You cannot board without one.

TGV and Intercités also require 10-20€ reservations but there is generally availability a day or two before.

Otherwise take regional trains like Offenburg - Strasbourg, Saarbrücken - Metz, Wissembourg - Strasbourg :)

Thank You thibcabe you are helping me alot ! :)