Solved

Glacier Express 1st class with a 2nd class Pass, possible?

• 23 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I have a 2nd class Interrail pass and was wondering how I would go along with reserving a 1st class ticket on the Glacier Express. On their website the reservations is the same price as the 2nd class reservation (CHF49). 

icon

Best answer by Angelo 23 March 2022, 11:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You need to pay the difference between 2nd class standard fare and 1st class standard fare + the reservation on top. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Train example pictures

As said you still have to pay the price difference of 1st class standard fare and 2nd class standard fare :/

And on the Glacier Express the only difference is the seat layout 2+1 seats in 1st class and 2+2 Seats in 2nd class.

I personally prefer the standard trains on the route (as you can open windows on them for better pictures)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can enjoy the same sights, but not in a special touristy coach/wagon, by just using the normal trains-these run about ev 2 hrs, without any extra to pay. It may even be that in slack times the touristy coach hangs behind the normal train. The mark-up for 1st can be astronomical, these are however normal Swiss trainprices

If you f.e. check DB=bahn for seat-only REServations without buying ticket you will also note that nearly always its same price for 1st and 2nd.