Solved

Glacier Express - how do we reserve seats?

My partner and I are wanting to go on the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St Moritz. How do we reserve seats for this? On the website it only shows full price even when I put the Eurrail/Intereail Pass in the drop down box. Any advice welcome please 🙏🏻 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 7 May 2022, 13:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The NORMal trains-ev 1 or 2 hrs do not need REServ-same view/same rails as the touristy look-out special wagons aimed at USAers who fear 2nd cl and have too much money. 

IF belong to this-or simply like this and want-then easiest is to do at any Swiss station counter a few days before. You have to use trains in any case to reach that currently so populair overpriced village with no cars high up in the mountains

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Where did you try to make the reservation?

When are you planning to travel?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here you hopefully have the information you need and you can also make the seat reservation here.

https://www.glacierexpress.ch/en/travel-planning/prices/?chash=382a8814f60b03b9a260e338bb1b208d&cHash=daa83c1071558135a799c3617f6222c1

My tip though is to use the regional trains that do not require a reservation. Then you can just exit the train on a station with a nice view and wait for the next regional train while you enjoy the scenery and a nice picknick.