Solved

Glasgow Central to London Euston (via Carlisle, Lancester, etc.)

• 11 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi to all,

We’re trying to make seat reservations for the 12:40 train from Glasgow Central to London Euston on july 20th (VT 6680). For some reason it is not possible to make seat reservations at all in that week. A week earlier (f.e. 13th of july) it is possible, A week later (f.e. 27th of july) it is also possible. Anybody know why it is not possible to make seat reservations in that week? 

Ofcourse we can travel via Edinburgh to London but that’s not the route we would like to travel.

Any help is appriciated.  

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 11 May 2023, 17:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You are too early for the final timetable I'd say, there could be engineering works that day

Seat reservations in the UK are always optional and free, do not pay anything for them please. You can make them easily through gwr.com, see : 

They're optional but a good idea on busy mainlines. As they're free anyway, make them

Thnx for your answer (and you pointing out to us that reservations in the UK are always free) !

In my opinion it is a bit strange that seat reservations for a week later (and before) are already available and for the week of the 20th of July not. But as you mentioned, I'll wait and use the GWR website as you mentioned.