Global Interrail + OBB Night Jet Rome

• 10 August 2021
  • 2 replies

We want to travel from the Netherlands to Rome, however, the tickets are very high in price when we book a retour ticket which includes the Nightjet from Munich to Rome.

I am looking at this option: Booking a Global pass (4 days in 1 month) and booking the OBB nightjet with discount for the interrail pass… it safes me a lot of money.

Now I wonder, do I forget something? Can I use the Interrail pas for traveling from the Netherlands to Munich? And then discount on the OBB Nightjet. 

Or do I need extra tickets as well, which makes this plan a lot of money as well? 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The reservations for Nightjet are quite High even with Interrail and the Route is oftdn sold out because of that the Standard Tickets are so exensive :/ if you book early enough you could get for just 40€ from Munich to Rome :) 

My suggestion checknif there are still places free on the Nightjet before booking Interrail :) and then find the train already aold out :/ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

From the Netherlands to Munich you don't need a reservation. You can just board the train with your Pass.