Solved

Golden pass express from Luzern to Interlaken via Eurail global Pass

• 13 December 2023
  • 8 replies

I want to take the Golden Express from Luzern to Interlaken OST but I could not find in the app as i want to reserve seats for our family of 4 in April.

icon

Best answer by Angela Chung 13 December 2023, 10:34

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Seat reservations aren't really a thing in Switzerland. I'm not sure you can make one on this route but it's a waste of money anyway. Simply hop on and sit wherever you want. The front end will be less busy as people will board from the rear in Lucerne.

It's an hourly regular train btw so feel free to stop along the route if you wish.

The Golden Pass proper is from Interlaken to Montreux.

Oh I see, thank you thibcabe very much for your kind reply. So I need not worry for the seat reservations. I can just go to the train station and hop on. So stress free.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I suggest that you continue from Interlaken via Spiez-Zweisimmen-Gstaad to Montreux. In my opinion that part of the Golden Pass is more beautiful than the part from Luzern to Interlaken. When you go from Spiez the best view is if you sit on the left hand side in the direction of the engine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you go from Spiez the best view is if you sit on the left hand side in the direction of the engine.

Wholeheartedly agree. It’s beautiful round there!

If I suggested you make a special stop on to have lunch at a supermarket cafeteria, you’d probably think I was mad. But I absolutely would at Spiez.

The food at Migros excellent and reasonably priced (reasonable for Switzerland, at least!), and the views down to the lake are stunning. It’s a 2 minute walk from the station

Believe me when I say I would make a special effort to stop here again if I was passing through.

Wow Thank you AnnaB & Ralderton for this wonderful suggestion. Pardon me if I had already booked my rooms at Interlaken can I still divert to this route then travel back to Interlaken?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes of course. Spiez is about 25 min by train.

There also ships (included in Eurail!) but they only run once a day in winter.

Oh only 25 minutes that’s excellent. Then I should enroute to Spiez no matter how haha. Thank you Thibcade once again

Userlevel 1
Badge

Gerade habe ich gelesen,daß Deutschland im grenzüberschreitenden Verkehr im FV vom 1.7-1.9.24 die Reservierungspflicht einführen wird.