Solved

Golden Pass Lucerne to Interlaken

• 17 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello - I have 3 days in Lucerne in April and one of the trips I’d like to do is from Lucerne to Interlaken. I’ve seen lots of comments about not needing to reserve trains in Switzerland but thought I’d check it out. I’ve had a look on OBB and SBB and Rail Europe and can’t find any reservations available. It seems possible on the Eurail site itself. The only other place I can see to purchase them is at https://store.luzern.com/luzern_en/specials/daytrips/zentralbahn-int-lu   

I’ve looked on there for 24th April and the seating plan shows quite a lot of seats are already booked so it seems as though it might be a good idea to book after all? Or could it be that only some seats are able to be reserved and the rest are left for people to hop on/hop off? Has anyone booked reservations via this shop? Many thanks for advice

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 March 2024, 21:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no need at all to book reservations for this train.

It looks like only 2 2nd class carriages and 1 1st class carriage can be reserved. However, the whole train consists of 7 carriages or sometimes more.

@rvdborgt thank you very much. I did wonder that as the carriages available are numbered 3,4 and 7. That’s reassuring and I can keep my plans flexible depending on the weather. Many thanks