Solved

help booking Nice to Amsterdam 10th Oct

• 1 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

We have Eurail Global passes (1st class) and want to book from Nice Ville to Amsterdam Centraal via Paris on 10th Oct 2023.

So far I can find the train journey for this date but cannot make any reservations!

I started by looking on the RailEurope app and found relevant trains for the morning time but cannot book any of the journeys at all :( Idealy we would go Nice to Paris, then have an hour or so to change trains, then from Paris to Amsterdam. We considered an overnight train but it doesn’t appear to be an option.

I have looked on RailEurope app, OBB, Bahn.de, the trainline and SNCF. Please see some of my searches and screenshots. Thetrainline had an option for the first leg to continue to payment but obviously we want to use the Eurail passes.

Any suggestions on how we can get back from Nice to Amsterdam on the 10th or 11th October will be super appreciated. We have to fly back to New Zealand the next day eeep.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 1 October 2023, 13:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You need to search the reservations separately, and know which website to look at!

Nice-Paris, look here

https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

There's availability in First class on the 0957

Paris - Amsterdam there's availability on the 1715 or 1921 departure. Slightly different website!

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

This Eurostar (used to new known as Thalys)may well sell out, so book ASAP.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Perfect comment above. On 10th October you could leave at 09:57 and arrive at 20:44 (20€ + 37€) or 12:02 - 22:44 (10€ + 37€). :)

Remember that you need to switch stations in Paris : it’s a 10 min journey by RER D (not included) but have an hour margin in case.

I cannot agree more : book ASAP. Thalys/Eurostar Red has a passholder quota and it’s a popular route in general.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There should be a sleeper departing Nice at around 1911, but it doesn't seem to be running that day. If it was running, and had availability, it would show up in that first link above.

Hi everyone,

Thank you all very much!!! I spent hours checking all the websites and making little mistakes.  
With your help we have managed to book the trains for 10th October we will get back to Amsterdam on time.

Again, a sincere thank you ☺️