Help needed for Stockholm-Hamburg connections

• 29 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 24 replies

Hi all,

I've been struggling to find connections from Stockholm to Hamburg on June 17th for my family of two adults and two teenagers with Interrail global passes. Apparently SJ will be doing track works around that time so some departures from Stockholm are still blocked. However on DB website I was able to find the following connections:

8.34 X2 425 Stockholm - Göteborg 11.40

12.40 R 1095 Göteborg - Copenhagen 16.29

17.02 IC 1199 Copenhagen- Hamburg 21.57

The SJ website doesn't show the above connection when I search for the whole journey Stockholm - Hamburg, but does however show all three journeys when searched individually. 

My questions are: 

1) Do you think it's safe to assume those trains will be able to run on June 17 since the whole journey does come up on DB website?

2) Will the 33 min transfer time in Copenhagen be enough?

3) Where to best book seats for those trains? SJ for the first two and somewhere else for the last one? Or DB service hotline for the whole journey (it says on the website to call for bookings since they can't be done online)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 29 April 2023, 07:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

8.34 X2 425 Stockholm - Göteborg 11.40

​​Book at sj.se

12.40 R 1095 Göteborg - Copenhagen 16.29

​​​No reservation needed, but book at sj.se if you want reservations. 

17.02 IC 1199 Copenhagen- Hamburg 21.57

Book here

https://travel.b-europe.com/dsb-rail/en/reservation-only#TravelWish

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @AnnaB! Do you think the connections will work though? And do you think that 33 mins will be enough for transfer in Copenhagen?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks @AnnaB! Do you think the connections will work though? And do you think that 33 mins will be enough for transfer in Copenhagen?

Should be no problem.