Solved

HELP! Seat reservations

• 7 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

Me and my friends are going an Interrail through Austria, Poland and Germany this summer so we would like to book our seats in advance.  

We need 2 seat reservations, more specifically; 

From WIEN HBF to KRAKOW GLOWNY on 6th july 

KRAKOW GLOWNY to BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ on 9th july 

But on the interrail app we can’t make any reservations. If we go to the national train websites we also get the notification that tickets are not available. 

Can anybody help us?? We don’t know what to do. 

Thanks in advance!!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 May 2023, 18:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Vienna to Kraków: you didn't mention a departure time but assuming you want the day train, reservations don't seem to be open yet (normally 60 days in advance from/to Poland). Can be booked on tickets.oebb.at, for €3.

Kraków to Berlin: the day train can't be booked online. Can be booked at many ticket offices where international reservations can be made. Not sure if reservations are already open for that date. Should be around €4. Book it e.g. in Vienna or when you arrive in Kraków. Or try NMBS, when reservations have opened. Also note that you'll have to change in Berlin to get to Alexanderplatz.

Okay thank you so much!

Yes indeed, both are day trains (leaving around 8-10am). 

Are u sure you can also book Krakow-Berlin on NMBS? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Are u sure you can also book Krakow-Berlin on NMBS? 

I'm not sure. They used to sell those trains but I don't know if that's still the case. They don't sell them online, so it would be at the ticket office or by phone.

Okay, thank you so much for your help!!