Solved

Help! Travelling with young children - not sleeping together in night train compartment

• 28 September 2022
  • 7 replies

I’m new to interrailing. I am travelling with 2 young girls and we have booked tickets on the night train from Nice to Paris. I have just checked the tickets and it appears we are not sleeping together, the tickets are VOITURE 18 - PLACE 086, 81 and 92.  I booked them all together and the small print says if you book together you will seat together. 

This can’t be right. I can’t not sleep with my children. Any advice? 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 September 2022, 23:43

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Double check your numbers and if they are as your post check with your reservation provider.

Here is a link to seat 61 on night trains in France including a couchette plan. It also suggests you could get a full cabin to yourselves.

Thank you - yes they are the numbers.

can you send the link for me to look at?

Thanks I have checked with seat 61 and I still don’t think we are together 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You really need to contact the company you got the reservation from, this forum has no direct link to them or Interrail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Most likely there were not 3 bed in the same compartment available when you made the reservation. You can ask on the train if someone can change beds so that the three of you can sleep together.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

81 and 86 are in the same compartment, 92 is in the next compartment:

https://www.seat61.com/sleepers.htm

Try to swap with someone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

First (10fold) nr is that of compartment-and it will have 6 beds/seats- nr 1-6, so f.e. 27/8/9  and 30 do not exist. There should even be some logic as to which ones are to the window as seat or lower as sleep. Try to swap with others is likely the best strategy.