Solved

how can I book reservations for italy

Hey I’m looking to book a reservation from Bern to Florence. Unfortunately I can’t book for reasons that I don’t Unterstand.

could Someone please help me out

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 2 June 2022, 15:21

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nobody understands. But you can book these reservations cheaper (no booking fees) and with less hassle on tickets.oebb.at. Do NOT use "Seat only” but add the "Interrail / Eurail” discount and then look for normal tickets. Best is to book each train separately; it does not always work to book multiple trains at once.

Nobody understands. But you can book these reservations cheaper (no booking fees) and with less hassle on tickets.oebb.at. Do NOT use "Seat only” but add the "Interrail / Eurail” discount and then look for normal tickets. Best is to book each train separately; it does not always work to book multiple trains at once.

Thanks for you reply. You really helped me out 

The site discount says “Interrail / Eurail (Global Pass)”. Will it work for my Italy One-Country Pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The site discount says “Interrail / Eurail (Global Pass)”. Will it work for my Italy One-Country Pass?

Yes, that will work fine. 

I’m also trying to book a train ride from Rome to Venice via tickets.oebb.at. I can see the time table, but it’s not possible to book the tickets (tried both “seat only” and normal ticket). 

But it’s possible to book ar eurail.com, but I have read that it’s should be cheeper at national rail company sites. 

Or what is the best way to make seats reservations inside italy?

/Christopher

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m also trying to book a train ride from Rome to Venice via tickets.oebb.at. I can see the time table, but it’s not possible to book the tickets (tried both “seat only” and normal ticket). 

But it’s possible to book ar eurail.com, but I have read that it’s should be cheeper at national rail company sites. 

@Chris_sweden 

/Christopher

If you tell exactly what train you are trying to make a reservation for it will be easier to get a reply what the problem could be.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please specify date and departure time for the Rome to Venice train.

@Chris_sweden

/Christopher

If you tell exactly what train you are trying to make a reservation for it will be easier to get a reply what the problem could be.

It’s the 7.35 train from Roma Termini to Venezia Santa Lucia. 

It looks like it’s available at www.eurail.com, but not on  tickets.oebb.at (where I read somewhere else that it should be cheaper to book). Are there other options in websites to book this train? 

/C

Please specify date and departure time for the Rome to Venice train.

see next post 

/C

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

/C

What date?

/C

What date?

yes, thats kind of important info =) 

August 2nd. 

/C

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Can be booked without any problem:

Did you use "Seat only”? That does not work. Add the "Interrail / Eurail” discount and look for normal tickets.

Did you use "Seat only”? That does not work. Add the "Interrail / Eurail” discount and look for normal tickets.

Great! thank you. now I can find it. But I can’t book it for some reason. I see all the info. Bbut nothing happens when I try to chose this date (I changed my mind about the time). 

Great! thank you. now I can find it. But I can’t book it for some reason. I see all the info. Bbut nothing happens when I try to chose this date (I changed my mind about the time). 

sorry! now it works =) I refreshed the browser. 

I seems like I can chose 1 class without extra cost. 

(we are 2 adults and 3 kids, thats why it’s more expensive. )

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need a 1st class Interrail pass to travel in 1st class.

So it was to good to be true =)

Thanks, good that I got an answer before I bought the ticket! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So it was to good to be true =)

Thanks, good that I got an answer before I bought the ticket! 

Även i Sverige är det samma pris för en platsbiljett i 1:a och 2:a klass om man har ett Interrail/Eurail-kort. Man måste dock alltid ha en färdbiljett som motsvarar den klass som man har en platsbiljett för.