Solved

How can I cancel Paris-London reservation - as a result of new restrictions?

• 17 December 2021
  • 5 replies

good morning!  I have a query.  I have a Paris-London train reservation for 5/12/2022, but the new restrictions will not allow me to make this trip.  On the official eurail page it tells me that it is not refundable.  I need to cancel, get a refund to be able to book to another destination.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 18 December 2021, 03:32

View original

5 replies

The date is 5/01/2022

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Eurostar pass reservations are not refundable, if that's your question. You can change the reservation for a fee.

You can get your money back though if your train is cancelled or will have a delay so that the expected delay at the destination is at least an hour.

If I request an e voucher in eurostar in exchange for my reservation.  Is it possible to use it to make the new SEAT reservation only or can it only be used to buy complete tickets?

@rvdborgt 

@Nanja 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

good morning!  I have a query.  I have a Paris-London train reservation for 5/12/2022, but the new restrictions will not allow me to make this trip.  On the official eurail page it tells me that it is not refundable.  I need to cancel, get a refund to be able to book to another destination.

I would still contact Eurostar and tell them that you can't travel because of the strict conditions because of Covid. In my opinion they should be a little looser with their condition be allowed to deal if it is because of Covid. 

They don't ask for less than 15 euros to exchange 😱😓

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If I request an e voucher in eurostar in exchange for my reservation.  Is it possible to use it to make the new SEAT reservation only or can it only be used to buy complete tickets?

You'll have to ask Eurostar. They have removed the possibility to make pass reservations online on their website, so you'd need another way to book.

If they're offering a refund, I'd get a cash refund if possible.