Solved

How can I get a refund of reservation?

• 26 July 2022
  • 3 replies

How can I get a refund on a booking? The site says just cancel your booking ... But it's not like it's always been true so far and I wanted to be sure

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 26 July 2022, 14:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You did not say how you made that booking and what type.

Yesterday a new staff member explained it-scroll down and find it.

In general: the RES for just a seat/optional (most cost like 4-6€) cannot be refunded-sometimes you can exchange them for other RES in same country.

The more expensive ones (mostly TGV and related to and in FRance)-depends on if it was done electronic or a paper sent out in mail.

You did not say how you made that booking and what type.

Yesterday a new staff member explained it-scroll down and find it.

In general: the RES for just a seat/optional (most cost like 4-6€) cannot be refunded-sometimes you can exchange them for other RES in same country.

The more expensive ones (mostly TGV and related to and in FRance)-depends on if it was done electronic or a paper sent out in mail.

I booked a seat on the train from Amsterdam to Paris and from Paris to Turin for a total of 65 euros. 33 one e the other one 32€. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is the reply from Customer Support regarding the return of reservations. 

'’It is possible to request a refund, as long as you request it *before* the date of travel. 

To cancel reservations, please go to your reservations overview and click on the trash bin icon next to the unwanted booking. This will cancel reservations for all seats on the train in question - it is not possible to process partial cancellations if you have booked multiple seats on the same train. After you validate the cancellation request, you will receive a notification showing whether or not this reservation is refundable (and the corresponding amount), prompting you to confirm your request. The cancellation process is automated (which means it is not possible to request changes after you confirm it).

In the event that a refund is offered for the reservation, please note that e-tickets and paper tickets are processed differently. For E-tickets, the refund will be processed automatically. For paper tickets, you will be provided a return address to which you will need to send the tickets. Once the paper tickets are returned to us, the refund will be processed and you will receive a confirmation.
If you receive an error message or are unable to see the reservation in your overview, please let us know as soon as possible'’.

See: