Solved

How can it be possible the reservation we need is able to ship to Antartica but not to Spain and other european destinations?

• 18 June 2022
  • 8 replies

I’ll explain myself.

We need to make a reservation for a train from Berlin to Krakow the 21st of july. The reservation was someway locked by the interrail booking system until yesterday afternoon and I tried booking. Then, I realized that they are paper tickets which are meant to be sent home, but the platform says it cannot be sent on time to Spain (we part on 11th of july). Trying different countries, in order to try sending them to any hostel adress during our travel I also realize it neither can be sent to France, Netherlands or Germany, but trying some different countries Antartica looks a cool destination for the booking system. 

I can’t believe it is easier to send anything on time to Antartica than to Spain or any other country I mentioned. Looks like a bad joke. Of course the platform suggests to make the reservation in an European main train station and I suppose in our case the only possibility is to wait until we get to Berlin to do it. This means some risk to lose the train we want to travel by, risk I think is unnecesary by making a proper reservation. I have been checking them every day several times, and I feel very disappointed with the situation. 

I also tried contacting by mail, I understand some delay on the answers but I think It is excessive and not helpful at all, last response I got was from a mail I sent near a month before. If anyone of the interrail staff reads this I want to give you my sincere disconfort with the communication and booking service.

Has anybody any idea or solution? Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by mcadv 18 June 2022, 11:35

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You are not first one-and also not 1st one to forget to read condiitons before jumping the world of online.

there are FAR better ALternatives-listed by seewulf in an other overveiw on howtodoit

THESE can be done at a german counter-and most likely you pass DE anyway-and NO, trains are not sold out weeks advance, its not RENFE in ES

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new post, and you will get advice. 

You are not first one-and also not 1st one to forget to read condiitons before jumping the world of online.

there are FAR better ALternatives-listed by seewulf in an other overveiw on howtodoit

THESE can be done at a german counter-and most likely you pass DE anyway-and NO, trains are not sold out weeks advance, its not RENFE in ES

I think it is fair to look for solutions online when I have any trouble, I think I read all conditions I found. I already have tried alternatives like seewulf suggests and I would never write such a commentary before trying everything I could.

Thanks anyway, I'll continue trying.

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new post, and you will get advice. 

I already tried all alternatives I could, I also heard before about the guide. I'll keep trying, thanks for your advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

To book in advance, it's probably best to call DB and then collect the reservation from a DB ticket machine when you arrive in Germany. But it should be no problem to make a reservation a few days in advance at any German ticket office.

To book in advance, it's probably best to call DB and then collect the reservation from a DB ticket machine when you arrive in Germany. But it should be no problem to make a reservation a few days in advance at any German ticket office.

Do you think we won't have any trouble by Booking two-three days in advance? I'm afraid of a fully booked train. I tried contacting DB by email too with no answer yet, so maybe calling is the best idea.

Thanks for your advice, I would choose you the best answer but I accidentally chose another one hahaha

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Do you think we won't have any trouble by Booking two-three days in advance? I'm afraid of a fully booked train. I tried contacting DB by email too with no answer yet, so maybe calling is the best idea.

Thanks for your advice, I would choose you the best answer but I accidentally chose another one hahaha

DB sells reservations not via E-Mail

If you wanna have the reservation for sure you have to call.
But usually it´s enough to reserve few days in advance (note it doesn´t have to be in Germany to resereve this train. It can be already a International ticket office in Switzerland,Belgium, Netherlands and few more.)

DB sells reservations not via E-Mail

If you wanna have the reservation for sure you have to call.
But usually it´s enough to reserve few days in advance (note it doesn´t have to be in Germany to resereve this train. It can be already a International ticket office in Switzerland,Belgium, Netherlands and few more.)

Thank you very much! This is by far the best help I've got