Solved

How can you change certain connections in the rail planner app?

• 17 July 2022
  • 3 replies

So, I want to travel from Bremen (GER) to Liverpool (UK) with a train, I bought a Pass and activated it with the app. Now I am looking for a good connection. 

I started to looking for it with google maps and found the route Bremen - Cologne - Bruxelles - London - Liverpool. It is starting at a good time and I don’t need switch as often as I would with other connections.

Then I found the exact same route in the app, starting at the same time and taking the same first two trains from Bremen to Cologne and from Cologne to Bruxelles. But the next train from Bruxelles to London is for some reason two hours later then what google maps suggested to me. Even the website of Eurostar, which is the train from Bruxelles to London, says that there is a train 15.56 and at 17.56 but the app only shows the second train for which I would need to wait two and a half hours.

So, my question is, is there any way to change only some trains or like only certain parts of your connection within the app because I don’t want to have such a long transfer time and in the end I don’t want to arrive at 22:30, like the Planner app tells me? 

icon

Best answer by Hektor 17 July 2022, 19:53

View original

3 replies

Du lädst einfach alle Züge einzeln in die App. Es zwingt dich ja keiner, die Strecke durchgehend einzugeben.

Der Effekt kommt übrigens daher, dass die App nicht die Mindestumsteigezeiten der einzelnen Bahngesellschaften enthält, sondern oft längere. Beim Eurostar musst du halt noch die relativ lange vorherige Eincheckzeit beachten, die z.B. bei Business Tickets deutlich kürzer ist.

Wenn du eine Eurostar-Reservierung kaufst, die ja doch recht teuer ist, solltest du die auch beachten, da du sonst ohne Reservierung dastehen könntest. Ist also auch die Frage, ob du einen knappen Übergang in Brüssel riskieren willst (aber du hast ja jetzt auch nicht dazugeschrieben, wie knapp er in deinem Fall wäre).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Teile die Meinung mit Hektor

Lieber etwas mehr Zeit in Brüssel einplanen um sich unötigen Stress zuersparen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ausserdem regent es mit ganz eingestellte ICE zuege K->Br-die oft erst im letzter Minute bekanntgegeben werden. Aber das ist mann in BR sehr gewoehnt-Umburchen geht-wenn Plaetze noch da sind dann meist recht unkomplizieet.

Bedenke ausserdem das es heuer in GB wieder Streiksaison ist- gerade beim Bahn dort