Solved

How do I book a seat reservation on a train trip that does not require seat reservations?

Hi, I have a question about booking reservations on the "book your reservations" page on Eurail's website. I have a mobile pass and have been trying to book train trips between French towns and cities. When I look up specific train trips on Eurail’s ‘book reservaitons’ page, some trips require me to book a seat reservation, but other trips say that they are "included" with my pass, and that seat reservations for that specific trip are "not required". My question is: how do I still book train trips when the website/app says that seat reservations are not required? There is nothing on the site that suggests I can even do this. I can tap the ‘add trip’ button on the mobile app, but this doesn’t actually add a reservation. I’ve noticed that regional trains, especially, don’t require seat reservations. But if I’m planning my itinerary around a certain regional train trip, can I just trust that this train won’t be booked when the day comes? Can I just expect that this train will be available for me to board with my mobile pass at the exact time and date that it says on the rail planner? And if not, how do I ensure that i have a seat on the train? Neither the Eurail site nor the Eurail app shows any way to book a train whose seat reservations are merely “not required”. So do I need to, for example, go through some official website for French regional trains, and book trips using my eurail pass? Can I even do this? Or is there an actual way to do it through the Eurail site? I would greatly appreciate help with this because I’ve been stumped on this problem for so long! Thank you!
icon

Best answer by Hektor 17 May 2022, 06:59

View original

2 replies

Most regional trains in France can't be reserved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In FR its daft simple: either OR. TGV/IC MUST be REsvered-the rest=TER canNOT even be REServed.