Solved

How far in advance do i need to book all these trains?

Hi I'm planning to do this this July, its a bit ambitious but it should be possible. I'm wondering if anyone has some advice as to how early I would need to book all these trains. (Also bearing in mind we're arriving in Paris on the le Fête National.) Thanks

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 21 June 2022, 00:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You'd better book Eurostar (to/from London) and the trains from/to Spain ASAP. Followed by Thalys and any TGVs in France. Should all be possible by phone via SNCF (press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail).

The rest is far less critical or not necessary.

Sorry, I forgot to mention I had already booked the Eurostar train. I'm actually flying to Madrid, but I'm uncertain how to book trains in Spain as it says they must be booked on the day. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Domestic trains in Spain can also be booked in advance and also in few places outside of Spain. Don't believe everything you read in the app and don't assume the information in there is complete. Booking  a few days in advance is usually OK, certainly for relations such as Madrid - Barcelona where there are many trains running. Here's an overview of the known possibilities.