Solved

How long ahead of time are timetables released? UK, Netherlands, France

• 5 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi - I’m planning to fly into London and take a train on New Year’s Day to Amsterdam. I’ve read that the train should still operate on a schedule similar to a Sunday schedule. Then planning to go from Amsterdam to Paris.

I want to book these in advance but searching says the times are not released yet. Can someone let me know when these will be available to make reservations?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Al_G 6 September 2022, 06:11

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In NL-and the big majority of all trains that do run in  GB it is even impossible to ´book=reserve. Just as it is for a metro/underground. As with many things, GB is often the odd-kid out compared to the continent. The only train that runs out of GB under that channel to FR/BE is this €* and this can already be booked till well into 2023.

The usual term for advance RES is 2 month-can be more, can be less. around 12/12 is the big timetable change for all the continent and this means that for after that it may only be known later.

Direct hi-speed trains Ams-Par are Thalys and these charge a high suplmt for passholders-it may be wiser, if you do not make many other trips, to simply book a normal fare.

Also, one more time: trains are not completely fully booked on the day they are released, all this nervousness is totally unneeded. The days just after 1/1 are usually busier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As far as I can see there are no Eurostar trains from London to Amsterdam running on the 1/1 2023 so I guess you need to stay in London until the 2/1.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

As far as I can see there are no Eurostar trains from London to Amsterdam running on the 1/1 2023 so I guess you need to stay in London until the 2/1.

No direct London - Amsterdam trains are showing for 1 Jan.

London - Brussels is available on 1 Jan so combining that with connections on IC or regional trains would be required.

London - Brussels is available on 1 Jan so combining that with connections on IC or regional trains would be required.

Thanks for the responses everyone. AI_G where did you search for these trains? I tried the Eurail search and it says the timetables haven’t been released yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for the responses everyone. AI_G where did you search for these trains? I tried the Eurail search and it says the timetables haven’t been released yet.

Eurostar website is quick to check what is running https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en but it doesn’t allow passholder bookings for that use b-europe at following link

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

Pass cover for those with mobile pass

Eurostar website is quick to check what is running https://www.eurostar.com/uk-en but it doesn’t allow passholder bookings for that use b-europe at following link

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

Pass cover for those with mobile pass

On your second link (pass fare) it says “ On Eurostar trains, the pass fare is valid for holders of anInterrail Global Pass or an Eurail Global Pass.”

Does that mean I also need to buy a Eurail Global Pass and then pay for tickets again through Pass Fare? Or can I just book a train through Pass Fare without the Global Pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I don’t understand what you mean with pass fare without Global Pass, but you have to pay a reservation fee to use Eurostar services with an Eurail Pass.

For using Eurostar, you need an Eurail Global Pass.

You can buy a reservation, without having a Eurail Pass, but at the ticket control they check both.