Solved

How to add booked reservations to the portal/app?

• 21 February 2022
  • 22 replies

Hello, normally I would contact customer service, but there isn't one. Just cruel. Maybe you can help me. I had to book a ticket through Austria "ÖBB" because it was not bookable. That worked wonderfully and I have the e-ticket. But how do I add the seat reservation to the portal? Thanks very much.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 22 February 2022, 10:57

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Interrail customer service is here.

1. What do you mean with "it was not bookable”? What did you try and where? Which exact journey on which date and time? Please post a screenshot of any error or of the screen where you got stuck.
  2. Which portal do you mean?
  3. Seat reservations in Austria can be booked via ÖBB. For more specific advice, please post the journey you want to book.

Hello, I booked DD - Vienna 03/19/2022 via OBB. Then we drive from Vienna - Venice 23.03. This is only possible via ÖBB. The first ride would also have gone directly via the APP. Only I saw, 0:2 outboarding?! Can I only book two trips separately? We have on 31.03. the trip on the Glacier Express. Then we would already have 3 trips. It wasn't written anywhere that you're not allowed to do that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

[Note for non-German speakers: "DD” usually means Dresden.]

"0:2 outboarding” - do you mean that both your inbound/outbound journeys have been used? There are indeed only 2 travel days on which you can travel in your country of residence.

1. Go to My Pass and tap on "+ Details”. What is the country of residence there? Germany?
  2. To find out on which days the inbound/outbound journeys were used, go to My Trip and look for the 2 days where it says '’Out/In” next to the date. Did you really travel in your country of residence on these days? If not, contact customer service to resolve this. They are the only ones who can make such corrections.

If your country of residence in the app is indeed Germany, then I'd expect only 1 of your 2 inbound/outbound journeys to be used and I'd be curious to see the exact journeys of the days where the app says you used an inbound/outbound journey.

Look. This is our tour: Dresden-Vienna / Vienna -Venice / Venice -Cannes / Cannes - Zermatt / Zermatt - St.Moritz ( Glacier Express ) / St. Moritz - Munich / Munich - Dresden.

My question is, can I also book 4-5 times via ÖBB or directly via Deutsche Bahn and then simply select the Global Pass? I have already made my first reservation. Dresden - Vienna booked via ÖBB and deposited the Global Pass. I received the reservation as a ticket. Now I need to somehow insert that via the app. You cannot do this directly on the Interrail homepage. I don't understand why either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi René, reservations are not meant to be added to the app. Your reservations are separate from your Pass, so when you are on a train you just show your Pass (in the app, if you have a mobile pass) and your e-ticket in your email or on paper. I trust this clarifies it. Cheers, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In addition, reservations can be made in lots of places. Just use the ones which work best for you. I often use DB and ÖBB because they don’t charge extra and thus work out cheaper than the Interrail reservation service. Ticket offices are often also a good place for reservations.

I got that. I just have to enter my journeys. A ticket is then created from it. I have to show this with the reservation. Do you mean this? Is it correct that I can also book reservations via ÖBB and do not have to book the reservations directly via Interrail?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yes, that's what I mean. Correct, you can book your reservations via the railway companies themselves. You are not required to book via Interrail. 

I have now entered 6-7 tours. Dresden-Vienna / Vienna -Venice / Venice -Cannes / Cannes - Zermatt / Zermatt - St.Moritz ( Glacier Express ) / St. Moritz - Munich. He doesn't accept my last tour Munich-DD. He says St. Moritz-Munich is already our home tour, which is not the case. Munich - Dresden is her. What do I do now? Am I not allowed to take Munich as the last stop just because the city of Munich is in my home country Germany?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have now entered 6-7 tours. Dresden-Vienna / Vienna -Venice / Venice -Cannes / Cannes - Zermatt / Zermatt - St.Moritz ( Glacier Express ) / St. Moritz - Munich. He doesn't accept my last tour Munich-DD. He says St. Moritz-Munich is already our home tour, which is not the case. Munich - Dresden is her.

You can only use Interrail in your country of residence on 2 travel days. When/where exactly would you enter Germany? If that is on travel day 6, then that is your second in/outbound journey and you can’t add a third one on travel day 7.

Possible solutions:

1. Change your plans so you only need one travel day in Germany for your return.
  2. Check which journey inside Germany is the cheapest, buy a separate ticket for it and remove it from your pass.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Except for Inside IT (and you can in fact only do that REServation when there at a counter) you do not need any mandated (obligatory) REServation. But you did not really specify how to do Cannes-Zermatt, this is by far not very straight forward(either back via IT or all the way and rather roundabout via FR with nasty TGV part of the way)..

IN side DE (=Deutschland,. Germany) you can, but do not NEED to REServe. 

I guess (but I have never used a mobile pass, only paper, dear rian v.d. B is THE expert on those m-things) you have to write DD in stead of M. You MUST do the last trip inside DE in 1 day!

Also note that you do not NEED to use Glacier Expr with expens. extra to pay_the normal trains run ev 1 - 2 hrs via exactly same line and can be used for free.

BTW; do you maybe use some google translate?

And finally: be very, very careful with writing down everything so long before-it is really wisest and best to do only on the day itself. There may be strikes, storms, works on the road or whatever that may orce you to take other lines or even change plans!!

Dresden - Wien ->     07:27 Uhr - 14:49 Uhr –> 0 Umstiege: 

Wien - Venedig ->      12:25 Uhr - 19:52 Uhr -> 0 Umstiege: 

Venedig - Cannes->   12:00 Uhr - 21:38 Uhr -> 2 Umstiege:

Cannes - Zermatt->   08:52 Uhr - 19:36 Uhr -> 5 Umstiege:

Zermatt-St. Moritz->  08:52 Uhr - 16:37 Uhr -> Glacier Exp.: 

St.Moritz-München-> 09:02 Uhr - 15:04 Uhr -> 2. Umstiege: 

München-Dresden -> 10:55 Uhr - 15:43 Uhr -> 1. Umstieg: 

This is our journey. Unfortunately, the seventh journey does not work. I can book the Glacier Express directly on the site and save the global pass. It works. This journey is already integrated in the Rail App. The e-ticket would be retrievable, as well as from all 6 journeys. I book reservations separately. 

Ähm, yes. I only speak a little English.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Du kannst auch auf Deutsch schreiben 🙂 Hier sind verschiedene Nationalitäten vertreten und schlimmstenfalls gibt es den Google Übersetzer :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You could change your plans, so you only need 1 day in Germany for the return. For example, end day 6 in Lindau and start day 7 there. Lindau is the tariff border point between DB and ÖBB and can be reached without using travel inside Germany (from the tariff’s point of view).

You can remove journeys from your pass and add new ones, so you’re not fixed to whatever is in the app now. In general though, I only add journeys to the app shortly before I board the first train. And I only activate a travel day on that day itself, not in advance. That way, if I change plans, I don’t have the risk of loosing a travel day because I forgot to deactivate it.

Du kannst auch gerne deutsch schreiben.

Vielen Dank. Das Thema ist nur, wir wollen gern 4 Tage in München bleiben und anschließend unsere Reise nach Dresden abschließen. Ich verstehe den Sinn nicht, was daran das Problem sein soll. Wir haben uns solche Gedanken gemacht, wie wir es planen, waren heilfroh alles unter einen Hut bekommen zu haben und jetzt funktioniert das nicht, weil wir am Ende in München anstatt in Basel oder Zurück sind und von da unsere Heimreise antreten. Das kann doch nicht wahr sein. Darin ist doch keine Logik!!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Die Logik ist maximal 2 Reisetage im Wohnsitzland:

https://www.interrail.eu/de/interrail-passes/what-is-interrail/travel-your-own-country

Also bleibt euch wohl nur zu schauen, ob Lindau-Reutin - München oder München - Dresden als normales Ticket günstiger ist.

Ich verstehe ehrlich gesagt den Sinn nicht. Wir sind in St. Moritz und wollen nach München. Lindau Reutin ist ganz woanders und da wollen wir doch nicht hin. Habe ich jetzt einen Denkfehler? Meinst du, von ST. Moritz nach Lindau fahren, weil es am Bodensee toll ist und dann nach München ( dafür ein InterRail Ticket für 2 Stunden ist eher sinnlos ). Weil München - Dresden brauchen wir sowieso und Stand jetzt geht das definitiv nicht mit dem InterRail Ticket. Ausser ich habe jetzt tatsächlich einen Denkfehler. ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ihr müsst nicht in Lindau-Reutin aussteigen. Ich versuche, zu erklären, dass es 2 Möglichkeiten gibt, um die Tour so auszuführen wie geplant. Ihr wird ja noch an 2 Tagen in Deutschland reisen, aber habt nur noch einen In/Outbound-Reisetag dafür. Diesen einen Tag müsst ihr nicht unbedingt am 6. Reisetag einsetzen. Man kann den Plan in der App ja anpassen.

Um möglichst günstig wegzukommen, solltet ihr schauen, was billiger ist:

1. Lindau Reutin - München am 6. Reisetag. Euer Zug fährt in Lindau-Reutin um 13:10 ab.
  2. München - Dresden am 7. Reisetag

Für die teuerste Strecke benutzt ihr dann Interrail; für die andere Strecke kauft ihr ein normales Ticket.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@René Herzog 

Der Interrailpass kann im Wohnsitzland (in diesem Fall hier Deutschland) nur für 2 Tage genutzt werden.
Du nutzt für den 1. Reisetag Dresden - Wien den ersten der 2 Tage 🙂 Da du von Dresden bis Schöna (Grenze) innerhalb deutschland verkehrst :)

Den 2.Reisetag nutz nach aktueller planung für deine Route am 6.Reisetag St.Moritz - München ab Lindau Reutin (Grenztraifpunkt) :)
Somit kannst du Reisetag 7 nicht für eine weitere Fahrt in Deutschland nutzen.

@rvdborgt  Wollte deshalb vorschlag am 6.Reisetag mit Interrail bis Lindau zufahren und dann evtl. Lindau - München mit einem anderen Ticket abzudecken. z.B. den Bayernticket im Regionalzug(Spartipp1) . Oder falls es günstiger ist München - Dresden mit einem anderen Ticket zufahren. z.B. Quer Durchsland Ticket mit Regionalzügen München - Hof - Dresden(Spartipp2).

Du musst eine Fahrt in Deutschland einsparen zusätzlich zum Vorschlag von rvdborgt 🙂 Könnte ich noch sagen von Dresden bis Decin mit einer anderen Fahrkarte zufahren. z.B.Sparpreis der DB ab 17€ (mit dem Zug nach Wien und Interrail denn ab Decin) oder Regionalzug (Abfahrt 6.29) für 18,10€ und denn ab Decin im Railjet nach Wien mit Interrail) (Spartipp3)

Ich habe mal kurz geschaut und musste feststellen das Spartipp3 die günstigste Variante ist :)

Ab Decin würdest du denn offiziell das Interrail nutzen und hättest so die 2 Tage für die anderen Fahrten

Hallo, vielen Dank für die ganzen Infos. Wir werden es uns am Wochenende genau anschauen. 🤗🙏

Eine Frage habe ich noch. Die Strecke Venedig - Cannes am 26.03. gegen 12:00 Uhr mit zwei Umstiegen, kann ich nur direkt über InterRail für 48,00€ ( 2. Personen ) reservieren? Das ist sehr teuer. Finde aber keinen Anbieter ( ÖBB / ect ), der das macht. Eine andere Fahrt kommt aber für uns nicht in Frage. Wenn es nicht andres geht, dann lässt es sich nicht ändern. Vielen Dank.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Eine Frage habe ich noch. Die Strecke Venedig - Cannes am 26.03. gegen 12:00 Uhr mit zwei Umstiegen, kann ich nur direkt über InterRail für 48,00€ ( 2. Personen ) reservieren? Das ist sehr teuer. Finde aber keinen Anbieter ( ÖBB / ect ), der das macht. Eine andere Fahrt kommt aber für uns nicht in Frage. Wenn es nicht andres geht, dann lässt es sich nicht ändern. Vielen Dank.

Diese Reise enthält 2 Hochgeschwindigkeitszüge in Italien für je 10 EUR p.P. Dazu noch die Interrail-Gebühr von 2 EUR p.P. und Zug. Am DB-Schalter sind es 40 EUR insgesamt. Sparen kann man, indem man teilweise oder ganz auf Regionalzüge ausweicht. Zwischen Venedig und Mailand geht das schon, z.B. mit Abfahrt um 10:10:

Da braucht man dann nur eine Reservierung Mailand - Ventimiglia, 10 EUR p.P. bei DB oder 12 EUR p.P. über Interrail. Es gibt bestimmt noch mehr Möglichkeiten; dies ist nur ein Beispiel.