Solved

How to book reservation from Barcelona to Paris using global pass somewhere other than eurail.com

• 17 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

How can I book 6 seat reservations from Barcelona to Paris on the 9.10 train on Tues 4th October using my global passes?  I tried to make seat reservations via the eurail.com website but it says they aren’t available at the end of checkout.  I’ve tried trainline and rail europe but there’s no option to add my global passes so it’s charging me full price which is almost $1k.  It’s all so confusing for this Aussie :). Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Angelo 17 August 2022, 17:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

On this train seats for pass holder are limited by the train companies RENFE and SNCF than run the train. 

You can buy the reservation online only via eurail.com or via call center of SNCF or at a Ticket Office or Rail Agancy of SNCF, RENFE, DB or SBB CFF FFS. 

Within France all seats can be booked by pass users, you could take a local train Barcelona-Portbou and Portbou-Perpignan. From there a TGV direction Paris.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here are the different possibilities to make this reservation. If you have access to an AmEx card, then the easiest way is to phone SNCF.

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105/index2.html?postid=18423#post18423