Solved

How to book tickets from Chur to Zurich?

• 21 June 2022
  • 2 replies

We are reaching Chur via Bernina Express only at 6:20 pm in the evening.  When I look for tickets from Chur to Zurich for that evening - there seems to be only 2 trains left and they dont take reservations.  What if the trains are full and I am traveling with a party of 4?  How do i buy tickets to any other train from Chur to Zurich.

Can you send me details of other regional trains or operators where I can buy ticket to Zurich using EU Rail pass?

icon

Best answer by MartinM 21 June 2022, 06:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey, 
if you have an EU rail pass, you can use the train from Chur to Zürich for free and you don’t need a reservation. The train is starting from there, so likely you will get a seat even for a group of 4 together (only on weekends could be really crowded between 4 and 7 pm).
There are still many trains going direct to Zürich after 6.20pm… e.g. 18.37, 19.08, 19.16, 20.08, … last IC (fast) is at 21.08, last IR (more stops) is at 22.14.

Check connections on SBB website or German Railways

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservations in Switzerland are unnecessary (except for the scenic expresses) and generally a waste of money. Also with a group of 4.