Solved

How to do reservations in DB

Badge +1

Hi I try to do db reservations  from paris est to strasbourg on22/7. But db Don't accept  . Also I Don't understand  the highlight below, (i bought  global pass), someone pls advice. Tq

icon

Best answer by Angelo 22 April 2023, 16:31

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Paris-Est - Strasbourg can't be booked on bahn.de

Use https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

(Bahncard is a discount card in Germany btw so it doesn't matter to you)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, you can't book it online via DB. And additionally, yes a ICE train is of DB, but in France they run by SNCF - French railways.

It will cost 10 EUR or 20 EUR. Depends how much tickets/reservations are sold.

You can book online the reservation for Paris-Strasbourg via:

• Eurail reservation service (+2€ booking fee per person and train).
  • travel.b-europe website for national rides in France (4€ booking fee per booking, Pass Cover Number needed, request it here).
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Angelo @thibcabe @motteki2003 

You can book this for 4,5 EUR per person through the new DB next app that also handles mandatory seat reservations in several European countries. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh nice to know !

@rvdborgt should it be included on the "how to get reservations" page ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh nice to know !

@rvdborgt should it be included on the "how to get reservations" page ?

There's al ready a brand new post about next.bahn.de, which I guess has the same possibilities:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes I've seen it. It's quite great news that you are able to book a 20€ seat reservation for 4.50€ so I wonder if it would be a nice idea to add it to the TGV/ICE post

Edit : doesn't work within France (and shouldn't for France - Germany TGV/ICE)

Will go through next.bahn.de to see what it offers

Badge +1

Hi

I just noted tht train to strasbourg bought 2 weeks  ago !but information  in eurail.com app shown me tht I only purchased  the london- paris only! Can tell me why???

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes I've seen it. It's quite great news that you are able to book a 20€ seat reservation for 4.50€ so I wonder if it would be a nice idea to add it to the TGV/ICE post

Will go through next.bahn.de to see what it offers

@thibcabe This price is wrong, this is a bug of DB next . It must be 10 or 20 Euro. 

Please do not buy it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Seat reservations don’t appear on eurail.com (unless you’ve bought them there)

You show both seat reservations and the pass. Btw the QR code on the seat reservation should allow you to cross the gates at Paris-Est

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Angelo it doesn’t work anyway within France. I thought that we had somehow found a bug in the system… but the France - Germany trains on the other hand could be bought yeah…

(don’t worry I didn’t buy anything)

Badge +1

Thanks a lot so many helpful  information given! It definitely  help me in my plan.  I have other question, as I travel fro vasel early morning to Zurich  and ofternoon contnue to andermatt for 1 day ( hostel without  free accomodation) and following  other 2 day in St. Moritz's  hotel ( free TRANSPORT card provided OV INCLUSIVE CARD),  and ofter that I going to tirano for 1 night stay before  depart to milano for other 2 days.

I looking for advice ( we are 4 in a family)

1. From basel- Zurich-andermatt  ( by eurail pass 1 day) or sbb single pass

2. Andermatt -  x stations- St. Moritz (by eurail pass 1 day) 

3. St moritz- tirano ( by 1 one way ticket ), we planned depart ofter 5pm. 

4. Tirano-milano ( 2 day ) , I don't know what kind of ticket I should  buy for local travel.  Hope  to get advice from here. 

5. We are staying  4 day in Brussels and Amsterdam, so what pass should we purchase?

Thanks again  experts in community .

Good day. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I may have missed it but what type of pass have you bought and how many travel days do you have.

As a general comment I would be looking at using travel days for the most convenient/cost effective days and buying tickets or regional offers for the rest. Not surprisingly it can be a complex process as there may be several combinations to review.

I would advise keeping it simple as your total spend is likely to dwarf a few euros saving on advance tickets etc.

There are others who will answer the specific questions but, again for clarity can you expand your question about passes for Brussels and Amsterdam - are you talking about city passes or day trips to other cities?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In Switzerland it will be worth it to use a pass day, even for a short journey, but how many pass days do you have in total ?

Andermatt is a small village, everything is in walking distance (max 10 min), there's no public transport either

Maybe a transport card in those cities will be worthwhile but surely not the official city card with discounts for museums and such. Look it up yourself

Tirano - Milan on trenitalia.com, it is a regular ticket valid all day on all trains (12€ if I'm right)

Badge +1

Hi we are 4 , and bought 15 days eurail pass in 2 months flex. For Europe trip.

We have 15 days traveling Europe excluding UK.

We stay  Switzerland 3 night ( andermatt 1night & St moritz 2 night )

Italy 3 night  ( tirano 1, milano 2).

Belgium and Netherlands 4 days.

I depart to Newcastle by ferry in amsterdam at last day.

I hope to save some travel days to use in uk!

Hope these can provide more clear information in community to give me better idea.

Tq

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You need to make some calculations yourself…

We advise to use pass days in Switzerland, then it's up to you to look whether tickets are cheaper

For long international journeys use pass days for sure

Within a city do not use pass days as Eurail is not valid on buses, trams or subways

We already gave you some advice I mean