How to do seat reservations in Bulgaria-Turkey

Hello, 

I am planning to travel from Sofia to Istanbul on the 23rd of July but I can’t manage to do a book reservation cause I am supposed to be at the local station to do it and I am currently in France. 

Could you please help me?

Thank you in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No-thats the only way.

All reports tell that it is nearly always possible to find space on same day-and I would add that Sofia is also worth it to spend a day or 2-IMHO even more as Istanbul. Also note this is the 1 and only train-summer only- to Turkey, so you also have to take it same way back if you want it all on the rails.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Only at a local ticket office

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

No-thats the only way.

All reports tell that it is nearly always possible to find space on same day-and I would add that Sofia is also worth it to spend a day or 2-IMHO even more as Istanbul. Also note this is the 1 and only train-summer only- to Turkey, so you also have to take it same way back if you want it all on the rails.

This is not true. The Sofia-Istanbul train runs all year round.
The direct couchette Bucuresti-Istanbul runs summer only. But the rest of the year the connection works, just have to change 2-3 times until Bucuresti in that case.

Reservation for Sofia-Istanbul is usually not a problem, but of course it could happen. 
Bucuresti-Istanbul is never sold out. Except if easter and christmas are on the same day….

Badge

Hi,

How was the experience of buying your Reservation?