Solved

How to get a refund for a reservation when the train is cancelled

• 1 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello;

In order to do my trip I purchased three 4-day passes, booked seats on several trains and booked hotels. 

After I had everything set and planned, I received two emails from Thalys informing me of the suspension of two trains (one on the 4th, between Paris and Brussels and the other on the 11th, between Cologne and Paris). 

These cancellations affected tremendously my vacations, resulting in the suspension of my trip and considerable financial loss (cancellation of the interrail pass, reservations for seats on trains and hotels). 

Can anyone be held responsible for my losses? If yes, what procedures should I take? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 2 August 2022, 08:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are other ways to travel between those cities so you don't need to cancel your trip because of the cancelled trains.  You can get help from the community with how to travel.

Its to late. 

O already sold the pass.

Thanks 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thalys has been canceling quite  few trains this summer and I'm sorry that it has affected your trip! It might be useful to add that you can contact our customer service team via email (customerservice@interrail.eu or customerservice@eurail.com) to request a full refund. Please ensure to include the reservation number.