Solved

How to make seat reservation outside the Rail Planner?

• 16 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone, 

I’m a non-EU resident and am currently in France. I’m looking forward to traveling to Belgium from Paris on the 23th of December (I should’ve planned ahead, I know.) 

The problem is that, I can’t make seat reservation using the Rail Planner app/ Eurail site. It says :

“Prices unavailable

No price results were found. Pass holder reservations may be sold out for this connection, but there are other ways to check for available seats—more info below our timetable.”

I tried using the Eurostar and SNCF site, there are tickets available starting from 90€, I have no idea how to use my Eurail to book it. (or if it’s even possible to do so? Because I can only book at full price which is understandably high.) Or if I need to go to a train station to book it, I’d be willing to. 

The app does say that the in-app schedules aren’t the most recent since it was last updated yesterday. That’s why I would like to know if there are other ways to book it with Eurail pass at lower price. 

This whole reservation thing has been very confusing, I’m not so much of a traveller myself and I feel lost. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance, 

Cha. 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 16 December 2023, 19:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Eurostar trains have a passholder quota (infrequent thing I assure you) so regular tickets can be on sale while the quota is sold out. This is the case here.

You can check here in case : https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

However don’t worry, this route has a lot of alternatives !

• Paris-Nord - Lille-Flandres TGV (10-20€) then 2 reservation-free trains to Brussels (3h30 journey in total)
  • Paris-Nord - Maubeuge TER then 2 trains to Brussels (5h30 journey leaving at 10:18)
  • Paris-Nord - Lille-Flandres TER (infrequent), etc. (4h30 journey leaving at 10:21)
  • CDG Airport - Brussels TGV (20€) (1h45 journey)

EDIT : here’s what I’ve found

• CDG Airport to Brussels : 08:07, 09:15 departures for 20€. RER B not included.
  • hourly TGVs to Lille for 20€

Questions welcome. :)

Eurostar trains have a passholder quota (infrequent thing I assure you) so regular tickets can be on sale while the quota is sold out. This is the case here.

You can check here in case : https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

However don’t worry, this route has a lot of alternatives !

• Paris-Nord - Lille-Flandres TGV (10-20€) then 2 reservation-free trains to Brussels (3h30 journey in total)
  • Paris-Nord - Maubeuge TER then 2 trains to Brussels (5h30 journey leaving at 10:18)
  • Paris-Nord - Lille-Flandres TER (infrequent), etc. (4h30 journey leaving at 10:21)
  • CDG Airport - Brussels TGV (20€) (1h45 journey)

EDIT : here’s what I’ve found

• CDG Airport to Brussels : 08:07, 09:15 departures for 20€. RER B not included.
  • hourly TGVs to Lille for 20€

Questions welcome. :)

Hello, thank you for your very helpful and dedicated answer. I actually have booked from CDG to Brussels and I’ve safely arrived in Belgium 🤍 Have a good day.