Solved

How to reserve seat Zurich - Amsterdam

• 27 July 2022
  • 2 replies

I am trying to reserve seats for my trip but i am unable to find the option where i can do so. This train doesnt require resevation and hence the the place where i usually found link for resrvation simply says 'You are ready to board'.

icon

Best answer by Al_G 27 July 2022, 01:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It’s a night train, not a good idea to use these without reservations.

book here https://shop.oebbtickets.at/en/ticket add interrail discount and search tickets not seat.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Used part of this train the other way a few nights ago. This train is a combo of NJ=NightJet (sleepers etc-all sold out for this summer) and a few old-style DB seated cars, which are labelled as IC, drawn by the very same loco and hence making the very same stops-and these are normal german style with only OPTIOnal RES-and the rather strange thing is you cannot even RES via bahn.com, but only via oebb-as above. Also RES are NOT shown on the tiny screens-as is usual in DE-and hence you may have to convince or struggle with those who sincerely believed it was all free. It was all full and on some sections many laid down etc-truely old style IR.

Masks are still to be worn in DE on transit-but here this was not enforced, nor were any tickets checked during my trip.

About any NJ is delayed the next morning-in case you make tight plans..