Solved

How to secure Night train reservation from Vienna to Berlin with Eurail rates

• 30 June 2022
  • 4 replies

I bought a first class global Europass and want to take the NJ 455 train from Vienna to Berlin. But it seems like the system wants me to buy another ticket at $154 each for the three person sleeper or is that just the reservation fee for a sleeper? When I go to OBB it makes no mention that I’m buying a Reservation and not a new ticket. Where can I get English help with the reservation?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 4 July 2022, 18:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There should be information about how to make reservations for ÖBB night trains in this guide. 

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

Anna,

Thank you, I’ve tried the site, I think perhaps I’ve found out that the reservation only shows second class (we have first class Eurorail Global Passes). Looking at the OBB train site for NJ456 it seems sleepers are only 1 bed or three and people will be separated by gender. If I book on Eurorail site it only ask for how many of us (2) and gender.  Does that mean my wife and I will be separated and not able to be put in a 2 person sleeper?  Information is lacking and the OBB phone help is only in German, I do understand but my skills at speaking are weak and then there’s the possible dialect issues…  Thanks for your help.  (Ps were actually coming from Budapest but on that night train I called them and I can only make reservations in country so that’s unlikely to get a two person sleeper in my opinion.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you, I’ve tried the site, I think perhaps I’ve found out that the reservation only shows second class (we have first class Eurorail Global Passes). Looking at the OBB train site for NJ456 it seems sleepers are only 1 bed or three and people will be separated by gender. If I book on Eurorail site it only ask for how many of us (2) and gender.  Does that mean my wife and I will be separated and not able to be put in a 2 person sleeper?  Information is lacking and the OBB phone help is only in German, I do understand but my skills at speaking are weak and then there’s the possible dialect issues…  Thanks for your help.  (Ps were actually coming from Budapest but on that night train I called them and I can only make reservations in country so that’s unlikely to get a two person sleeper in my opinion.)

All accommodation in this train is 2nd class (also the "Deluxe” compartments). People are not separated by gender if you book an entire compartment. Sleeper compartments are available for 1, 2 or 3 persons.

What is your travel date?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

ÖBB Call Center is also in English, but I never tried it to call, maybe you have to wait at first the German part and they say then select number x for english or something like that.