Solved

How to use the seat reservation and trips

• 15 April 2023
  • 2 replies

• New aboard
  • 0 replies

Hi, I’ve recently bought the global pass for 4 days in 1 month and am planning to go from London to Paris in mid May in a group of 2. We have bought the global passes and bought the seat reservations for our dates that we need from London to Paris and Paris to London through the interrail website. We got the Eurostar train and the tickets have been sent to us via email. What im confused about is that these Eurostar tickets are individual tickets on their own and not linked to the pass? So what exactly is the procedure with both the pass and the ticket? 

Am i supposed to activate the pass before travelling and when I board the train, I simply need to use just the Eurostar ticket Ive gotten? There doesnt seem to be any link between the ticket and pass I’ve bought. Clarification on the travelling procedure would be much appreciated! Thanks!

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 15 April 2023, 14:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Your pass is your ticket. On a mobile pass, you need to add all trains to your pass then you'll have a QR code, which is the proof of a valid ticket. Reservations are completely separate from the pass. When they're mandatory, you need to show both your pass and the reservation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Eurostar is a train with mandatory reservation. In order to travel on these trains with mandatory seat reservation, you need a (mandatory) reservation (check) ánd a valid ticket, which is your pass. (an active pass, with activated travel day - almost check).

Best only activate both the pass and the travel day, just before travelling.