I added a train in Italy manually as it was not listed, but I know it requires a reservation. Is it possible to reserve ahead for manual trips?

• 21 March 2022
  • 4 replies

How does this work for trains that require reservations? I’m trying to reserve a train in Italy and the trip is not listed in Eurail. I added it manually as indicated in the post, but I know that this train is a high-speed train that will need a reservation. Is it possible to reserve ahead for manual trips?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

How does this work for trains that require reservations? I’m trying to reserve a train in Italy and the trip is not listed in Eurail. I added it manually as indicated in the post, but I know that this train is a high-speed train that will need a reservation. Is it possible to reserve ahead for manual trips?

Which route? on which date?

You may can reserve via italiarail.com but note that journey´s after the first weekend of June are not opened for reservations

Hi seewulf, thanks for your reply! It’s for 5/7/2022, Milano Centrale - Spiez (Switzerland), leaving 15:20 and arriving 17:55. It’s the EuroCity 54 train. I did submit the question via Eurail support but it seems it will take a couple of days to hear back. Am I able to reserve on Italiarail with Europass? I’m getting an error loading the results at the moment. When I looked via Trenit! it looks like this trip is fully available. There’s another train at 18:20 but I have two more transfers in Switzerland and don’t want to risk any delays, etc. Thanks for your response! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi seewulf, thanks for your reply! It’s for 5/7/2022, Milano Centrale - Spiez (Switzerland), leaving 15:20 and arriving 17:55. It’s the EuroCity 54 train. I did submit the question via Eurail support but it seems it will take a couple of days to hear back. Am I able to reserve on Italiarail with Europass? I’m getting an error loading the results at the moment. When I looked via Trenit! it looks like this trip is fully available. There’s another train at 18:20 but I have two more transfers in Switzerland and don’t want to risk any delays, etc. Thanks for your response! 

I assume Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald as destination? with a change in Interlaken?

Just for understanding we are talking about 7th of May
and not 5th of July or?

Italiarail.com can´t handle reservations that cross the border :/

I assume Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald as destination? with a change in Interlaken?

Italiarail.com can´t handle reservations that cross the border :/

Yes, to Griendelwald. Aww I guess I’ll just have to see what support says, or otherwise book separately. Thank you anyway for your help :)