Solved

I booked a ticket and now there a no seats left for my journey to France.

• 17 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, is there no posibility to call Interrail by phone? I booked a ticket and now there a no seats left for my journey to France. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 20 June 2022, 17:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is noone to call, but people here in the community try to help as much as possible. 

You can also contact Customer Support, but regarding reservations the knowledge in the community is very good. 

If you give some more details of your problem here you will get advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Surprise-Überraschung: da es ja geht um ein Sammelangebot aller EUR (Staats)bahnen ist auch DB dabei und kann sogar Ihr Reisezenter behilflich sein-könnte sogar auch noch die Pässe verkaufen als antikes Papiermodell.

Und sei ein wenig mehr schlau: im NAHverkehr/regional kann mann immer ohne weiteres über Grenze-dann nimmt mann bloss erst in FR so eine TGV-spart mann sogar auch noch kräftig.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If the Interrail website says there are no results, then that doesn’t necessarily mean there are no seats left. But it depends on the train. Please let us know route, date and departure time if you want more advice.

For a TGV or ICE from Germany to France, you can also go to the DB ticket office or call DB at 030 2970.

Thank you for the answers. There really was absolutely no way to travel to Dax by train. I had to cancel the ticket at my own expense. I am very disappointed with Interrail as the site initially appeared to have seats available. I flew to France last month (significantly cheaper than Interrail). That was my last time on Interrail. Would have preferred to take the train, but unfortunately that wasn't possible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sorry for your experience @Lisa Büscher . But Interrail is not to go from A to B and back. It is to get in more places, the travel is part of the holiday. Unfortunately there are some countries like France and Spain, that makes it very hard to travel because you need a reservation, but there are others like Switzerland, Czech Republic or Austria wich are superb. Interrail writes on the website, that some trains have only a small amount of seats for pass users (highspeed trains to/from France). Often you can use local trains over the border and get the same train for less reservation costs and highly more chances to get on the train. We in the community tried to help you, but you didn’t want to get help, but only to get this one train, I’m sorry but it is not always possible unfortunately.

P.S. I’m not an employee of Interrail/Eurail but only a user.