Solved

I bought a reservation for a train that in the app is shown a bit different. Will I have troubles?

Hi, I've booked 2 reservations, but their timetables (and/or type of train) are not completely the same on the railway-company website and interrail website/app.

Somebody told me that the app is not always updated, but I don't want to have troubles while travelling, so I'll explain my doubts through my examples:

EXAMPLE NUMBER 1

~ Screenshot from the interrail app, where there's my qr code to travel:

~ Screenshot from the interrail website, where I got my reservation:

The 8.10am train doesn't exist in the interrail website, and 8.20am one doesn't exist in the app. In the trenitalia website they both exist. I'm confused, but at the end I bought the reservation for the 8.20am train. 

My question is:

can I use that qr code (shown in the app) and that reservation (bought on the interrail website) to join the rome-milan journey? 

EXAMPLE NUMBER 2

~ Here's the screenshot from the interrail app:

~ Then the screenshot from the DB website, where I purchased the reservation:

~ The interrail website shows another trip with a different train (called nj) which is not showed in the DB website (which has only ic):

Same question as before: can I use that qr code (shown in the app) and that reservation (bought on the DB website) to join the zurich-amsterdam journey?

I really don't want any troubles during my first interrail trip, so please help me!

Thanks

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 21 May 2022, 12:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The timetable in the app is probably out of date. Don'’t worry about it. You only have to add a train to your app before you board the train. Shortly before travelling, check if there's an app update. That will then probably have the updated timetable. If not, then if the train number is the same, it's no problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As you hve the reservazione: look atTRAIN nr-that will show you which train you have been booked on. And yes-we have to tell that to about anyone new as rian does: forget this app, use a better planner. Best is of course that of railway concerned and next best as it covers most of EUr is bahn.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The NJ (Sleeper and Couchette) & the IC (the seating carriages) are the same train. on some Routes they combine the Nighttrain with a standard Intercity. 
For example Berlin/Hamburg - Zürich & Zürich - Amsterdam

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

For the NJ (Sleeper and Couchette) you need a reservation (via tickets.oebb.at - one way ticket - discount: Interrail/Eurail Globalpass). For the seats (IC) only optional reservation. If you want you can reserve via bahn.com (4€/journey) or ÖBB (3€/train) via seat only option. 

The main reason of my worries is that the qr codes/the actual tickets are only in the app >_<

I really hope the app will have some updates before my trip, in the meanwhile thanks folks! ^^